Saturday, June 27, 2009

Weekends and Odds

  • Today at a red light, I saw a truck driver from a parked Bob's Discount Furniture delivery truck chasing one of our local wild turkeys through a gas station. Sure, he could have just called Animal Control, but I'd like to commend the dude from Bob's for cutting out the middleman (and passing on the savings to us).
  • Speaking of South Easton's wild turkeys, they're starting to walk around like they own the place. I'm not sure I've ever seen an animal strut as much as they do. I was reading on the patio last week and the four that live in our woods came out and walked right by me like they were all that and a bag of chips. I think they need a reality check. I might start throwing mayonnaise at them.
  • It hailed today. Hailed. Seriously, Mother Nature? Go sit on an upside-down stool.
  • On the iTunes chart, Michael Jackson currently has eight of the top 10 songs, nine of the top 10 albums, and all ten top 10 music videos. According to Billboard, he could hit #1 on the album chart and pretty much hold the top 10. If not totally unprecedented, this could at least be one of the most dominant weeks of music sales for one artist in a very, very long time. But seriously, who pays for music anymore?
  • I realize that the rush to praise the recently departed is generally way over the top and just short of sickening, but I'd like to point out the obvious--Billie Jean is an absofreakinlutely phenomenal song. Holy crap. Say what you want about the man, but if that isn't the perfect pop song, I don't know what is. If they had just released the bassline in 1982, I'm pretty sure it would've been #1 for weeks.
  • Finally, I can honestly say I prefer Michael Bay's Verizon Wireless commercial to his Transformers 2. It's not even close.
That's all I've got, losers. Now hurry up, it's already 6:30! Time to go get dressed up and pregame so you can still come home alone tonight.

No comments: