Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Changing Directions Midstream

Although merely a month into this blog, I have decided to shake up the format a bit.

I'll explain. Initially, my idea for this blog was to be the offshoot of my other blog, a joint pseudo-creative writing project I undertook with a college friend. Though I only had a hazy idea of delineation between them, this was to be for my less poetical pieces, mostly edgier open letters to people that deserved getting called out. I wanted to protect my identity at first though, so as to write honestly without offending anyone.

I've decided, after much thought, that this will just evolve into my own personal blog. I have attempted several journals and blogs before over the past few years, though few made it past five posts. I tend to have a very negative view toward everything I've written only a few months prior. Thankfully for everyone involved, my high school LiveJournal no longer exists.

So what will I do here? Probably errant ramblings about music, food, sports, and life. While I will do my best to spice up the more mundane or peculiar topics with humor, I have no idea if even half of what I will write will be of interest to anyone. I am far too spontaneous of a person to limit a blog to a certain genre.

I do take requests. Anything you want me to write about, I'm game. Is it a bit presumptuous of me to think that others wonder, "Hey, what would Dan have to say about this pertinent issue?" No. It's very presumptuous. But I offer anyway.

Thanks for reading. Cheers!

EDIT: A Historical Curiosity! For a glimpse at my last attempt at a personal blog, I have imported my first ever blog entry for your amusement here. That particular blog, by the way, lasted all of four weeks.

No comments: