Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Celeb Spotting

Today I hurried around the corner and brushed past a lady in a white jacket. I turned around and, low and behold, it was Emma Thompson. Well, I thought, I've been seen in public with a celebrity today.

As I met up with the students that I was meeting up with at the meet-up point where we were going to meet up, the students that I met up with asked if I had seen Kate Winslet, too. I look back around the corner and who should be walking away? Kate Winslet. In order to not get made fun of, I needed an excuse for missing so obvious a movie star. So, I said that I didn't recognize her with clothes on. That worked.

Living in New York City is fun.

2 comments:

T-1 said...

Is that like the time you walked by Ben Folds in Boston and didn't realize it until I pointed him out to you?

DF said...

yes. between ben folds, meatloaf, and kate winslet, i'm building quite the impressive list of celebrities that i've almost met.