Saturday, March 5, 2011

Adventures in Education, Chapter 21

First week on the job
Gr.6 tutor/substitute teacher

What I've attempted to teach:
Compare and Contrast
Author's purpose
Place values
Factoring
Potential and Kinectic Energy
Commutative and Associative Properties
Separating fact from opinion
Theme
Tone

What I've been asked to clarify:
What happened to your lip?
What's a cleft lip?
Did it hurt?
Does it hurt now?
How many surgeries did you have?
Do you remember?
Wait, can you grow a mustache?
Would that hurt?
Do people ask you about it a lot?
Oh.

1 comment:

JennyMack said...

If it makes you feel better, my boyfriend's beard has prompted his students to ask him such questions as:

- Did you ever ride motorcycles with my uncle? You look like someone who used to ride motorcycles with my uncle.
- Where do you keep your gold?

Hope week two is going well... =)

~Jenny