Sunday, July 19, 2009

Billy Joel & Elton John: Set List

Just got home from Route 1 (where no one has heard of the every-other-car rule) and I'm still buzzing from a great show. I might do a review tomorrow, but I wanted to jot down the set list before my phone dies (or beat the Globe and score extra blog hits).

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA // July 18, 2009

Show Open: Billy & Elton
"Your Song"
"Just the Way You Are"
"Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"
"My Life"

Solo set: Elton John
"Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding"
"Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting"
"Levon"
"Madman Across the Water"
"Tiny Dancer"
"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"
"Daniel"
"Rocketman"
"Philadelphia Freedom"
"I'm Still Standing"
"Crocodile Rock"

Solo set: Billy Joel
"Prelude/Angry Young Man"
"Movin' Out"
"Allentown"
"Zanzibar"
"Don't Ask Me Why"
"She's Always A Woman"
"Scenes from an Italian Restaurant"
"River of Dreams/Dirty Water"
"We Didn't Start the Fire"
"Still Rock and Roll to Me"
"Only the Good Die Young"

Closing Set: Billy & Elton
"I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues"
"Uptown Girl"
"The Bitch is Back"
"You May Be Right"
"Bennie and the Jets"
"Candle in the Wind"
"Piano Man"

Update: You can read my full review here.

2 comments:

M.O. said...

I'd love to see a review. I would write one but I don't really know how or where to start. If you do one I can try to get the hang of it in time to write one for McCartney in a few weeks.

Train Rider said...

I went to this concert as well. it was amazing. They sounded fantastic. I also went 15 years ago when they came to Foxboro ... it was as good, if not better this time around!