Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Editor Checks In

So I haven't blogged in almost ten days and thought I'd drop by for a completely unfulfilling update.

Lots of things happening in my personal life. Really. I just choose not to blog about it, unless it is only to ruminate on the most mundane and trivial aspects of it. I prefer to post things that are slightly creative, possibly derivative, and utterly useless. I also enjoy matching adverbs to adjectives in at least a 1-to-1 ratio.

I was going to write a post about Fred the Turkey, one of South Easton's most famous ornery locals, but then I found out that he has a Facebook page (!) and 424 fans already. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised; hell, everything has a Facebook page now. "The Cool Side of the Pillow" has (several) pages. By the end of the month, "I Drive With Two Feet When Going Uphill In Traffic" and "Getting the Extra Cup for Dunkin' Iced Coffee, Even If It Now Costs 25 Cents Extra" will probably have pages.

I suppose it's just as well. I've already referenced Easton's wild turkeys in my blog before (as recently as a month ago) and Fred might be getting relocated soon due to his propensity for attacking motorcyclists and his documented habit of causing fender benders. What a guy.

No comments: