Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Letter from the Editor

My laptop is currently getting the crap kicked out of it by the latest and greatest spyware and malware products (from Russia, I understand) and I believe tomorrow I will be wiping the hard drive. Seriously. This thing knows what programs and system scans remove it and it's locked them. I literally cannot visit websites like pctools.com or run MalwareBytes or anything like it because this virus is acting like it owns the place. In the meantime, I've been frantically backing up my massive iTunes library (if VH1's Save the Music is reading this... send cash?) when the computer isn't frozen or logjammed with popups. I'm amazed that blogger.com opened for me now--it hasn't for two days.

You were probably looking for witty insight on today's issue du jour. I'm afraid I will have to take a quick break, but I do hope I'll be rambling in this space once again come Friday-ish. Incidentally, if you are at Providence College this Saturday, I heard the alumni a cappella concert (4pm, Blackfriars) is gonna be off the hook. Special Guest is also releasing their sixth CD, Black and Tan (about damn time!), most of which we recorded in May of '07. We were busy, get over it.

I hope everyone's well. A big hello to my recent international visitors, whoever you are, and sorry to inadvertantly confirm many of your opinions about Americans. And if you hail from anywhere near Moscow and know where Bakasoftware does business, please firebomb them into the Stone Age.

No comments: