Sunday, April 12, 2009

Grammar Police, Case 1!!!!

"HEY!!!

"Yeah, I'm talking to you! Listen up, losers. Officer John Q. Getyerheadouttayerass-Jones here, and I'm from the Grammar Police! To serve and correct, and wooin' the ladies on the side. Get ready to get punched in the face. WITH KNOWLEDGE!!!!!!

"Today I'd like to talk to you about using the word 'anyways'. Specifically because that word is not a word at all!

"You stupid yokel-faced hicks bastardize the English language every time you utter this filth. There's no such word as 'anyways'! The word is 'anyway', doofus! Have you ever heard anyone say, 'Hey, he went that ways'? You damn right that sounds funny.

"Do you recall that amazing #1 hit from the Backstreet Boys, 'I Want It That Ways'? Yeah, neither do I. The Backwater Boys, maybe.

"And don't give me that BS about how 'anyways' is a colloquialism and is generally becoming an accepted part of the American dialect and yadda yadda yadda cause Officer G. doesn't take your crap. That's how I roll.

"So get this nugget of wisdom through your applesauce filled heads: 'Anyways' is not, I repeat, NOT a word. It's 'anyway'. Next week, I'll be back to teach you that a preposition is not a correct part of speech to end a sentence with.

"It's juice-box time. CLASS DISMISSED!!!!"

No comments: